Country estate in the Southern Highlands

Country estate in the Southern Highlands

About Me

My photo
Southern Highlands, NSW
Welcome to my world. I am a young Shi Tzu puppy who lives in considerable comfort at Lynwood Farm with THEM. I’m fascinated by the way people live - in the rooms they build, the gardens they plant, the treasures they collect and the comfort they create. THEY give me the complete run of the house, so I will be able to show you lots of pictures of life at Lynwood.

Monday 3 September 2012

Daffodils and Limes

Now is the time of the daffodils - hundreds and hundreds are in bloom at Lynwood, scores of different varieties including the old favourites King Alfred, all came from Jackson's and Hancock's

What better way to celebrate than by having dinner with close friends, and flooding the table with daffies & limes ! HE has yet to hang HER birthday present - can you see the Angela Brennan leaning against the wall ?





All the house guests chip in to help - here is Robyn Holt looking very pleased with the brussel sprouts and broccoli that came fresh from the garden !



here is the finished table
Tablecloth from fabric bought at Pigotts


I do what I can to help- my main role is as an early warning device for guests arrival.


and here they are, the gang from Kangaloon !
Dan, Michael and Brent

 I must say that Eddie Love is not as much fun as her parents Michael and Marco, but she is thirteen.

There were even enough daffs left over for the drawing room 


and the kitchen with just-picked limes and lemons, in white ceramic jugs & footed bowls (the Drill Hall has lots of similar ones)





not to forget the front door (in the autumn John plants up lots of pots of bulbs).

and there are still plenty left down below the orchard.




HE is very hopeful that the apricot blossom heralds a bumper crop this year.

whereas the snow pears on the rugby oval are purely decorative

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely tablesetting! So cheery and pretty. I'm not sure when HER birthday was, but a belated happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post ... beautiful table, vases, bowls, fields and little bottles!

    ReplyDelete