Country estate in the Southern Highlands

Country estate in the Southern Highlands

About Me

My photo
Southern Highlands, NSW
Welcome to my world. I am a young Shi Tzu puppy who lives in considerable comfort at Lynwood Farm with THEM. I’m fascinated by the way people live - in the rooms they build, the gardens they plant, the treasures they collect and the comfort they create. THEY give me the complete run of the house, so I will be able to show you lots of pictures of life at Lynwood.

Wednesday 7 March 2012

books



It is only in the country that we can get to know a person or a book. 
(Cyril Connolly)

the snug - where SHE keeps quite a lot of her gardening & design books


on this side of the snug its command central (lots and lots of military history books) but SHE's losing the battle on untidyness

this is the dining room where most of the biographies are kept

bookcase in the fuschia bedroom
and this is where most of the books end up, one way or another - especially on a rainy day like today (and yes, he's reading another war book - recommended by the very civilised & well read Mr. William Petley - thats me next to Hugh Mackay's new book).


1 comment:

  1. Hi there, thank you for your lovely email and for visiting my store in New Norfolk, Tasmania. I am glad you had a great time. I am your newest follower of your blog, I love the leather chair in the snug! Gorgeous. And your post on the technique of espalier... Have a great weekend, Tammy

    ReplyDelete