Country estate in the Southern Highlands

Country estate in the Southern Highlands

About Me

My photo
Southern Highlands, NSW
Welcome to my world. I am a young Shi Tzu puppy who lives in considerable comfort at Lynwood Farm with THEM. I’m fascinated by the way people live - in the rooms they build, the gardens they plant, the treasures they collect and the comfort they create. THEY give me the complete run of the house, so I will be able to show you lots of pictures of life at Lynwood.

Monday 5 March 2012

Not just any tray

Being a Virgo, SHE likes trays because they organise things. I think, however, it is because they often closely resemble baskets - in some cases, they ARE baskets.

drinks tray in the sun room - carried back from Madrid, twig candle holders from William Wayne, New York.
soft drinks department in the servery

the most popular department, also in the servery

HIS department in the servery - I'll show you the wine cellar one day if I'm allowed to. Decanters from Grafton Galleries, wine funnel from the Drill Hall in Tasmania

the morning-after department

all the trays above from Pigott's Store, Sydney.


technology department in the TV room, book from THEIR favourite book shop Lesley McKay's

cabbage made by the late & lamented Dodie Thayer, lacquer tray from Kazari Melb

My favourite tray - where the treats live by the front door. THEY think we won't come in unless we are bribed - they're right !

HER kitchen is always tidy !
SHE struggles to keep HIS snug tidy.









HER favourite cup

2 comments:

  1. How amazingly well organised, having all relevant things on their own trays; wish I had the surfaces to do that!

    ReplyDelete