Country estate in the Southern Highlands

Country estate in the Southern Highlands

About Me

My photo
Southern Highlands, NSW
Welcome to my world. I am a young Shi Tzu puppy who lives in considerable comfort at Lynwood Farm with THEM. I’m fascinated by the way people live - in the rooms they build, the gardens they plant, the treasures they collect and the comfort they create. THEY give me the complete run of the house, so I will be able to show you lots of pictures of life at Lynwood.

Tuesday 13 March 2012

a Sydney visit to Thomas Hamel & Martyn Cook


This is my friend Billie, who lives with her parents Thomas Hamel & Martyn Cook in the smartest apartment in the whole of Sydney.

I love visiting Billie because she is allowed EVERYWHERE in the apartment - and therefore so am I !

Have you ever seen such treasures ? After all, Martyn is the best antique dealer in Australia.





Even though Billy is a very chic city dog, she still has to have a bath - Martyn is very good at this - in fact when he visits us at Lynwood he trims my whiskers (& Bella's) with his gold scissors. This makes us feel very special.

Thomas leads a very glamorous life, travelling all around the world looking after his clients, but loves coming home to Billie. Here he is showing Billie his book 'Residence'. Did you know, that apart from being the pre-eminent interior designer in Australia, he also has a wonderful line in fabrics ?

 Thomas and Martyn moved their showrooms & offices to a marvellous building in Redfern last year - I hope I can show you that another day. It's very grown up.This is Billie going off to the office.

The fabric on this chair is Palmetto by Thomas.

SHE adores this table ! it came from Nancy Lancaster's collection, and we all know how much SHE loves Nancy.



 Do you see what I mean about being allowed everywhere ?

I sometimes think Billie is even more spoilt than Bella and ME !


Here is Billie's friend Ruby Hawkins on her new Moroccan rug - would'nt it be fun if we could visit her one day ?


3 comments:

  1. You are too too cute...well, that is to say, both of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Billie is too cute for words. Pompey is insanely jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bumble has loved reading about Pompey - does Pompey realise that Jaspa (see our post on Cameron Kimber) is half pug ?

      Delete